Monday 12 January 2009

Pure but Simple


The onset of digital photography has been a challenge for professional fashion photographers. Now anyone with a cheap digital SLR can call themselves a photographer. It has certainly added to the challenge, however there is still a market for the top end photographer.

If you are thinking about getting a portfolio done, ask yourself one thing...what do you want out of this. How important is it that I look stunning or will second best do. Some guys and girls need to look stunning for their Job prospects. If you are working in the Fashion industry I would urge you to consider spending some money for a professional shoot. It's a small business and people talk...

Photo editors who look through new profiles/portfolios are notorious individuals. They are ruthless and need to be. If someone is looking at hundreds of new portfolios a day you are much more likely to stand out if the images stand out. Do one thing for me. Look at the images on this site and honestly compare them to your current portfolio shoot. If they are in the same league great. If not you might want to give me an email on fotobyurban@gmail.com to let me carry out a shoot. In the USA I charge $200 per hour including a edited CD of professional images. In the UK I charge £150 per hour on the same deal.

I am pretty busy for the winter doing a single commission that is nothing to do with Fashion Photography but should be back doing fashion portfolio work come the spring.

1 comment:

  1. Great Photography. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete